Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Weekly Menu

I'm kind of excited to post my menus now that I have a month of meals to choose from -- the hard part is already done for me. I did my meat shopping today and spent under $6 per meal, which sounds like a lot, but that includes three splurge dinners -- two steak and one of ribs -- so my average is actually more like $3.50 per meal. The best part is, the meat is all divided up and packed in the freezer and I don't have to think about it for a month.

This weekend is Father's Day and since we're spending Father's Day dinner with Doug's family (I'm responsible for dessert) I am preparing Doug a nice steak dinner tomorrow. I'm taking a Blackberry Pie on Sunday (Doug's pick) and a Mountain Dew cake. I have made this cake before, but, unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the recipe. I think I remember it being like this one, so that is the recipe I'll use. I served it before with a big bowl of sweetened fresh fruit -- peaches, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and it was yummy and refreshing.

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chili
Dinner
Steak Diane, garlic mashed potatoes, Bacon Peas

Sunday
Brunch: Eggs Benedict

Monday
Lunch: Nachos
Dinner:
Beef Barbecue sandwiches, Cabbage slaw, tater tots

Tuesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner:
Creamy Taco Mac, Romaine and Pepito salad with Cilantro Ranch dressing

Wednesday
Lunch: Grilled hot dogs
Dinner:
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore, pasta, salad

Thursday -- Feast of the birth of John the Baptist
Dinner: Buttermilk Brined Grilled drumsticks and thighs, Cabbage Slaw, grilled potatoes, Grasshopper Pie (just like locusts and honey!)

Friday
Lunch: cheese pizza
Dinner:
Chicken Philly Sandwiches, chips, fruit

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: