Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

.
Denise's recipe for Crock Pot Cacciatore was squisito (I had to look that up!)!! All of the boys loved it and dad is taking the last two legs to work for lunch tomorrow! I did not use boneless breasts, because I caught a sale at Giant Eagle on Pick of the Chix (legs, thighs and breasts). I didn't cook it as long as I have cooked chicken in the crock pot in past and the pieces all stayed together, instead of falling apart. I cooked it for a total of six hours.


Denise's Crock Pot Cacciatore
serves 6

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or a combination of bone-in pieces; I use about 8)
garlic powder
onion powder
seasoned salt
Italian seasoning
black pepper
10 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 can Italian (15 oz) style spaghettti sauce
1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
8 oz. bow tie pasta cooked

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray for easy cleanup. Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle generously with seasonings to taste.
Add mushrooms. Pour tomato sauce and wine over top. Cover, cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Serve with cooked pasta.


.
Pssst: I forgot to mention that I added sugar to the sauce. About 2 tablespoons. We like our sauce a little on the sweet side. And be sure to use a good sauce -- the flavor is the main event here. Either use homemade or a good quality jarred sauce.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That DOES look like a yummy recipe! Thanks for the review. We'll have to try it.