Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekly Menu



I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but this is a busy week for us. It culminates with our oldest son's graduation from high school on Friday evening. We're having a cookout at our house on Sunday, but my mom is bringing the food and cooking, so I have the night off (I think I'll make some Margaritas!). We are also having a cookout on Monday with a gang of high school seniors -- we'll have hamburgers for sure (these guys can really eat a lot!). There are things to take care of around the house each evening, but we will still be eating at home!

Saturday
Lunch: Ham Cuban sandwiches, chips, veggies
Dinner: Sausage and pepper pizza, Three Cheese Pizza Bianca

Sunday
Brunch: Bacon and Potato Frittata, Make-Ahead Sticky Buns
Dinner: cookout

Monday
Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: Hamburgers, Mexican Jumping Bean Salad, Scalloped Potatoes, fruit and Fruit Dip, Brownies

Tuesday
Lunch: Quesadilla
Dinner: Annie's Topopo Salad, Tortilla chips, (chicken nachos for picky kids)
I noticed this recipe when Annie first posted it and her menu this week was a good reminder that I wanted to try it.

Wednesday
Lunch:
Rachael Ray's Stovetop Cheddar Mac, apple slices
Dinner: Nutty Turkey Cutlets, Sauteed Mushroom and Cheese Ravioli, roasted green beans
This was a recipe I noticed in the May issue of "Southern Living." I'll let you know if it's any good.

Thursday
Lunch: eat out
Dinner: Porcupine Meatballs, mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, buttered corn
A family favorite and so easy.

Friday
Lunch: Birds' Nests
Dinner: Graduation!

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: