Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Strawberry Margarita



Lately I've been finding a few spoonfuls of sugared strawberries left over after dinner or dessert. You can't save them because they will be mushy the next day, but I have found a good use for them -- a fresh strawberry margarita.

I love a good Margarita in the summer time (actually I love a good Margarita
anytime), but I will absolutely not drink a Margarita from a mix. So, I've been putting those leftover sugared berries in a freezer container, and each time I have few left over, I just throw them in on top. When I have enough for a batch of Margaritas, I make some, and kick back on the front porch for cocktail hour. This recipe makes on jumbo or two regular frozen margaritas.

Strawberry Margaritas

1-1/2c. frozen sugared strawberries
2 - 3 T. limeade concentrate
1 oz. tequila

Break up chunk of frozen strawberries. Add limeade and tequila. Blend in the blender until smooth. Add water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Pour in a sugared, salted, or plain glass.

Note: depending on how sweet your strawberries are, you may need to use more limeade, or add a little sugar. Also, you may use more, less or no tequila to suit your taste.

No comments: