Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Fruit Dip



We had a big family get together last night, with lots of grilled meats and all the fixin's. Usually we would have had lots of salads to go with, but my mom wanted us to take it easy, so instead I prepared fruit and dips. This is certainly not a fussy dish -- I'm sure you won't find any real chefs' recipes for fruit dip -- but it's yummy nevertheless. I used a tried and true recipe that I created when I was much younger, as well as a recipe I discovered through a fellow blogger recently.

For my recipe you use any flavor of Yoplait Custard Yogurt. You could use another style, but the custard yogurt results in a very thick dip. Use any flavor or yogurt you like -- I usually use a berry flavor. And you can start out by whipping a regular cream cheese yourself. The pre-whipped cream cheese product will give you a fluffier dip.

Fruit Dip

container Philadelphia Original Whipped Cream Cheese
1/3 c. powdered sugar
container Yoplait Custard Style Yogurt, any flavor

Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and whip for about 15 seconds. Add powdered sugar and whip until combined. Spoon yogurt into bowl and whip until creamy and smooth. Chill for about 1 hour before serving.

Cappuccino Mousse Dip (by Matilda)

1 c. milk
3/4 c. cold strong coffee
1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix
2 T. sugar
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. sugar

In a large bowl, beat milk, coffee, pudding mix (dry) and 2 T. sugar with a wire whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. In a chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and 1/4 c. sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Gently stir whipped cream into coffee mixture. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set.

For an extra strong coffee flavor, I stirred 1 t. instant coffee into my 3/4 c. coffee. If you start with a really strong cup of coffee you won't need to do that.


No comments: