Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
Happy Labor Day Weekend.

I'm usually happy to see Labor Day come. It's a kick-off of sorts for my favorite season -- autumn. But this year, I'm a little sad to see the summer come to an end. It seemed so short, probably because most of it was spent recovering from surgery, but probably also because it is the last summer before my oldest son starts college. I find myself back-peddling a lot in regard to this issue, and I will honestly admit I am
in denial about the whole thing.

Anyway, we will celebrate the official end of summer, with friends on Saturday night, and family on Sunday night. I think on Monday we'll try to just relax (after all -- it
is Labor Day and we're supposed to rest).

Saturday -- 1st Ohio State game
The boys will be tailgating for lunch; maybe Peach and I will grab a bite at Panera.
Tailgate Menu: Ham and salami subs, Buffalo Wing Pretzels, Brownies
Dinner: BBQ ribs, Scalloped Potatoes (sans ham), Mexican Jumping Bean Slaw, Pan Horno, Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting

Sunday
Brunch: Cinnamon French Toast Cups, Scrambled eggs
Dinner: Slider-style burgers, Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing, Grilled Veggie Kabobs, Apple Dumplings

Monday
Lunch: I think leftovers
Dinner: Orange Chicken, rice, steamed vegetables, leftover strawberry cake or ice cream cones

Tuesday
Lunch: Cheesy Cracker Melts and Ham, veggie sticks and dip
Dinner: Hash brown Quiche, Upside Down Apple Muffins, Fresh fruit, Lemon sherbet and Pepperidge Farm cookies

Wednesday
Lunch: Mini Pizzas
Dinner: Slow Cooker BBQ Beef sandwiches, mashed potatoes, buttered corn (Mama's goin' out), ice cream

Thursday
Lunch: eat out
Dinner: Chicken Cordon Bleu a la Jennie, Noodles Alfredo, green beans, Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Friday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese, fruit
Dinner: Fried potatoes, poached eggs, fresh fruit, Rita's

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: