Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Southern Comfort

.

This weekend I rediscovered a really refreshing grown-up cocktail. This drink used to be one of my favorites, and then I must have somehow forgotten about it. But while I was shopping on Saturday morning, I spotted a bottle of Southern Comfort in the store and remembered my old favorite, Scarlett O'Hara.

This is a drink that if ordered in a bar in Ohio, the bartender will say, "Huh?" But when Doug and I were on our honeymoon in Williamsburg, Virginia, I asked for it by its contents (Southern Comfort, cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime on ice) and the old southern gentleman waiting on us said, "Yes ma'am, that's a Scarlett O'Hara ma'am." Gotta love it.

A Scarlett O'Hara is light and sweet, but not at all syrupy. It has a tiny kick -- just enough to keep you coming back for more. I believe this will be the house drink for football season.




Scarlett O'Hara

2 oz. Southern Comfort
100% cranberry juice
lime wedge
ice

Fill a highball glass with ice.
Pour Southern Comfort over ice and fill glass with
cranberry juice. Squeeze the lime into the glass and put lime on top of ice. Stir.


.

No comments: