Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fourth of July Menu





Don't you just hate it when Blogger eats your posts? I started a Fourth of July menu here a week ago, adding to it when I thought of something I wanted to serve, and Blogger (the big pig!) ate the whole thing. Dang. Starting over.

We're having a crowd for the weekend and I'll be serving dinner both Saturday and Sunday -- with a larger crowd on Sunday. It should be fun, with lots of fireworks, fruity sangria, cold beer and bottled soda pop, good food and treats. I can't wait.



Saturday

Hot Crab Dip
Best Backyard Barbecue Chicken
Pepper Jack Pasta Salad
Bacon Corn
Bread
Sliced Cold Watermelon
Apple Crumble Pie
Whoopie Pies


Sunday


Taco Dip (like this but with more stuff!)
Sausage Kabobs
Baked Beans (I'm going to add some wienies)
Fruit Salad and Yogurt Dip
Bread
Deviled Eggs
Fudge Krispies
Cherry Pie
Chocolate Revel Bars


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Gosh! I wish I could come over to your house for the festivities. Everything seems SO delicious!!

Aimee said...

May I please come to your 4th of July BBQ? Your menu is so much tastier than mine. I promise to bring a cute baby with me . . . :)

Barbara said...

Haha! Sarah you have a little farther to travel than Aimee, but you are both more than welcome. I'd love to have you!

mel said...

Just thought I'd share that I'm here looking for bbq recipes. My 3yo is at my elbow and is saying, "Mmmm, that looks good. Mmmm, that cake is good for me. Mmmm, I'm hungry Mommy." lol..