Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekly Menu

.
This weekend, besides being Memorial Day weekend, is my mother's birthday. She's turning 69. She has already warned me against any celebrations next year (killjoy), so I decided we should definitely celebrate this year. One of my brothers and his family is coming from Maryland, a few of my mother's friends will be here, as well as my "local" brother, and my mom's brother and his wife (my aunt and uncle) who are nearby. Just a small get-together, with appropriate cookout food and, as my mother requested for some odd reason, Brownie Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert.

There's no menu on Saturday because we'll be running from softball games to grad parties. And on Tuesday, I'm helping to cater lunch for the faculty at our son's all-boys school. Because of an apparent shortage in volunteers, I'm making a potato salad, a pasta salad, and two big desserts -- which I'll have to make the day before. I don't know if I'll be cooking dinner on Monday, but I'm putting brats and dogs on the menu as the most I'll be cooking!

Sunday -- Birthday party
Lunch: sandwiches and chips
Dinner: Burger Bar (grilled burgers with a Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Guacamole, Cane's sauce, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles), hot dogs to cook on the fire, Old-Fashioned Layered Green Salad, Au Gratin Potatoes, Baked Beans, pickles, Brownies with ice cream and Hot Fudge Sauce

Monday
Lunch: BLTs, fruit
Dinner: Brats and dogs, veggies tray and hummus, watermelon

Tuesday
Dinner: Skillet Spaghetti, bread, salad

Wednesday
Dinner: Turkey Reubens, potato rounds, fruit

Thursday
Dinner: Chicken Tortilla Casserole, green vegetable

Friday
Dinner: Baked potatoes with Chili (the chili is in the freezer).

* Tried and true
* New to me

No comments: