Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Holy Communion Menu

.

If you read my other blog, you know I'm preparing for my daughter's First Holy Communion next weekend. We'll have a small party of friends and family over and, as usual when I am planning a party, I have my menu planned, and thought I'd share in case you have a need. They are all recipes I've posted here, because they are favorites, and so you can trust that they are tried and true.

We're having a late lunch, which, with any luck, will last all afternoon. I'll make the Pulled Pork, the Potato Salad, Fruit Dip, and the Mexican Slaw the day before. The day of, I'll make Fruit Kabobs and put the pork into the crock pot to heat while we are at Mass. The good thing about the Potato Salad and the Mexican Slaw is that you can add a little bit of fresh dressing and the taste is just as good as it was the day of. I'll wait and add the bacon to the Potato Salad until just before I serve it.



First Holy Communion Party Menu


Pulled Pork on buns
Bacon and Onion Potato Salad
Mexican Jumping Bean Slaw
Fruit Kabobs and Fruit Dip

Cross-shaped Pound Cake with Buttercream Frosting
White Sprinkle Cupcakes
Pink and white candy in pretty glass bowls -- whatever candy I can find

Iced Tea, Lemonade, Beer and White Sangria


.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Great! Just what I needed! Thank you. :-)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

God bless Peach on receiving Holy Communion for the first time! Little Brother will be right along with her.