Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekly Menu

.
I've been traveling most of the day -- a long trip, but worth every minute -- to spend just a few hours with my 93-year-old grandma. With my mom and my daughter Faith along, we had some beautiful time with four generations of German females -- and not one fight (kidding -- we never fight) ;-) Anyway, this evening I threw together this menu -- lots of comfort foods and quick meals to accommodate Holy Week activities.

Easter menu coming very soon -- I promise.


Sunday
Brunch: Red pepper, hash brown, egg burritos with Salsa Verde
Dinner: BBQ Comfort Food, buttered corn, Cinnamon Apples, Whole wheat quick bread, Orange Scented Sweet Potato Pound Cake

Monday
Lunch: egg salad sandwiches, fruit
Dinner: Skillet Spaghetti, Garlic bread, salad

Tuesday
Lunch: baked potatoes
Dinner: Pork Scaloppine, mashed potatoes, Broccoli Arrabiatta

Wednesday
Dinner: Beef hot dogs, with sauerkraut and chili (my husband will have both toppings -- the kids and I will have one or the other), Mustard Potato Salad, fruit

Thursday -- Holy Thursday
Lunch: Sunbutter and Jelly sandwiches, fruit
Dinner: Lidia's Chicken and Potatoes before Last Supper Mass and Cinnamon Toast and tea afterward

Friday -- Good Friday
Lunch: bread, fruit, cheese
Dinner: Tuna Noodle Casserole, green peas

No comments: