Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The things we do for LOVE


.

.

If you spend much time in the kitchen you have probably already thought ahead to the weekend and what you will make for those you love most. My husband has asked for Steak and Chicken Fajitas -- certainly not extravagant or romantic, but it's what the man wants. For dessert, I'm planning Molten Lava Cakes because my guys love chocolate and those cakes are the ultimate chocolate dessert (I've never posted the recipe, but you can find it here --
please do not use Cool Whip -- these babies require real whipped cream).

I also plan to make them each a little bag of treats, and so I've been thinking of the different options. I made a list to share, if you need an idea.

Frosted sugar cookies -- get out your heart-shaped cookie cutters and the red sugar

Real Scottish shortbread cookies

Caramel Puff Corn


Annie's Cookie Dough Truffles -- these are a sure thing for my
goodie bags.

Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes

Rose-Frosted White Cupcakes -- if your true loves are not chocolate lovers

Tollhouse Pie -- a quick and easy chocolate treat

Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake
-- a favorite among all little kids

Coconut Chocolate Chunk Blondies -- easy but decadent for your chocolate and coconut lovers

Supreme Chocolate Cheesecake -- need I say more?

Whoopie Pies -- little pies of love



.

No comments: