Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekly Menu


.
We had some really good meals this week and I hope to be able to post some of the recipes here this week. The kids were particularly pleased with everything I made (o.k. maybe not so much the Pierogies and Peas, but I liked them). This week I'm keeping things a little more simple -- I've proven that my stove works well and now I can relax. For Buckeye football Saturday, the kids requested munchies for dinner and so I am obliging (and then I'm heading off to see Julie & Julia with a girlfriend). Thursday is the feast of St. Theresa of Avila, and though tacos are not exactly Spanish, they are close enough. I'm adding some Spanish yellow rice for authenticity.

Saturday

Lunch: Skyline
Dinner -- Buckeye football game-day munchies: Kansas City Hot Wings, Mexican Layer Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms, Bacon-Wrapped Chipotle Shrimp
Sunday
Lunch: Bagels with roasted tomato cream cheese, and turkey
Dinner: Bavarian Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, Poppy Seed Rolls, Lemon Chess Pie

Monday
Lunch: Quesadillas
Dinner: Reubens, waffles fries, pickles

Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken Soup with Stars
Dinner: BBQ Beef baked potatoes (I have some BBQ Beef from this post in the freezer), salad, Cinnamon Apple Puffs

Wednesday
Lunch: muffin tin munchies
Dinner: Turkey Noodle Soup, Asiago Cheese Bread

Thursday -- Feast of St. Theresa of Avila
Lunch: Sesame Noodles
Dinner: Chicken Tacos, yellow rice, Cinnamon Ice Cream (traditional Spanish dessert)

Friday
Lunch: Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Dinner: Scrambled eggs and biscuits


* Tried and true
* New to me

.

1 comment:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Oooh, you are in for such a treat! Let me know what you think of Julie & Julia!