Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kansas City Hot Wings

.

Sunday night we had "fun night" for dinner, as my kids are known to call it. That pretty much means no cooked veggies with dinner, and usually it means you can eat with your fingers.

These chicken wings are a big hit at my house. I do not eat wings, so I can't give you my personal opinion, but they are all thumbs up if you count me out. I do give them a thumbs up for prep, though. When I make traditional hot wings, Buffalo style, I deep fry them and then toss them in the sauce. They are a big pain and they smell up the house. These however, cook in the oven, and if you line your pans with foil, the big pain level is tolerable. I use fresh wings, because they are much meatier than the variety that are sold in freezer bags. It's a bit of a hassle cutting the wings into pieces, but my honey sharpened my knife and did them for me this past Sunday. It was his payment, I suppose. This recipe came from one of my favorite cookbooks, Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer.





Kansas City Hot Wings

4 lb. chicken wings (separated into two large pieces, discarding tip)
⅓ cup cider vinegar
1 T. Tabasco sauce
1 cup Kraft Original Barbeque Sauce


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse chicken with water and pat dry with paper towels.
Mix together vinegar, Tabasco and Barbeque sauce.
Place chicken wings on baking sheets (cover sheets with foil for easy clean up).
Baste with sauce on one side.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Turn and baste on other side.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Set oven to broil and raise height of rack for broiling.
Turn wings and baste, repeating every 5 minutes for 15-20 minutes
until wings are crispy and cooked through.

.

No comments: