Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekly Menu


When we were at Fripp earlier this month, I noticed a cookbook that the homeowners had on the shelf in the kitchen. It was filled with recipes typical of low country cooks, using many ingredients found locally. I scanned through it and saw quite a few recipes that sounded wonderful. I didn't want to spend time copying them, so I grabbed my camera and took pictures. I'm going to make one of those recipes on Sunday-- chicken is on sale this week and a recipes for Lemon Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms sounds really yummy. I'll be sure to let you know what we think.



This is our first week of home schooling, so I'm going to try to limit my new recipes to the weekends, keeping week nights as simple as possible.

Saturday

Lunch: Skyline chili
Dinner: Marsala Burgers, baked potatoes, salad, Peach Pie

Sunday
Lunch: Ham and egg cups, Caramel Apple Sticky Buns
Dinner: Lemon Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms,
Copycat Olive Garden Salad, Garlic Parmesan Orzo, bread, Applesauce Molasses Cake

Monday
Lunch: Lunchtime Calzones
Dinner: Porcupine Meatballs, mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage

Tuesday
Lunch: Hot dogs with coney sauce
Dinner: Buttermilk Waffles with fruit sauce, sausage links

Wednesday
Lunch: Muffin Tin munchies
Dinner: Crock Pot Chicken Lickin' Pork Chops (you can find it here at the July 30, 2008, post), Rice and Roni, Roasted Corn

Thursday

Lunch: Lunch pizza
Dinner: Slow Cooker BBQ Beef sandwiches, oven fries, cole slaw

Friday
Lunch: Clam chowder


* Tried and true
* New to me
.

No comments: