Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh pooh!

.
Don't you hate it when the gas grill runs out of gas halfway through your Buttermilk Brined Chicken Legs? Argh. It's just not the same cooked in the oven.

But the good news is, I consoled myself (we consoled ourselves) with Graeter's ice cream. Any Grater's fans out there? Raise your hands!

I chose a new flavor -- Elena's Blueberry Pie. Oh my! Real bits of flaky pie crust and whole blueberries. Why, I've never. Honestly. And as if it could get any better, a portion of the proceeds from my scoop (and waffle cone) went to The Cure Starts Now, a foundation established to help fight childhood cancer, which appears to be quite the worthy cause. Kudos to Graeter's.

.

No comments: