Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Menu

.

We'll have a small crowd on Easter Sunday for dinner. My husband and I agreed on ham for the meat, but he tried to talk me into making Scalloped Sweet Potatoes for a side. He enjoyed them recently at a local eatery, but I don't want to try a new recipe on a Holiday. So I'm making both Scalloped Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes as a happy compromise. My mother-in-law is bringing a strawberry and pineapple fruit salad and my sister-in-law is bringing an appetizer. We'll enjoy my Grandma's Hot Milk cake for dessert, along with all the chocolate goodies that come on Easter morning. I think I'll jazz up the recipe a bit this year with a layer of raspberry jelly in between the cake.



.

No comments: