Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekly Menu

.


Thanks to a lovely stomach bug that made its way through our house this week, I have several meals from last week's menu that were never prepared. I don't mind that they are showing up on this week's menu at all. I don't even have to shop for them.

I'm doubling a few of my meals this week for a family from church. The mother of the family is beginning chemotherapy for breast cancer and our church has a "Stone "Soup" ministry that organized to bring meals every day during her treatment. I'm taking over some meals that she can keep in her freezer in case she has a gaps in daily meals. I mention this because this is a great ministry, and I find that Catholic churches don't often organize like this. If your church has a ministry for helping families in need, consider volunteering. Often I just make double of what I'm already making, and it's so appreciated by the family in need. I think I'll bake some cookies and muffins for them to have in their freezer, too.


Saturday
Lunch: Turkey Club Sandwiches
Dinner: Boys' night out at the hockey game

Sunday
Lunch: Bacon Birds' Nests, Greek yogurt and granola
Dinner: Birthday and Superbowl party to attend

Monday

Lunch: pancakes
Dinner: Chicken Tacos, guacamole (found here), shredded cabbage, rice, Candlemas Crepes

Tuesday
Lunch: chicken soup
Dinner: Hearty Beef Stew, corn muffins

Wednesday
Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas
Dinner: Lettuce Wraps, fruit, Bread Pudding (I'll post this recipe)

Thursday
Lunch: Lunch pizzas
Dinner: Mom's chili, Pound Cake


Friday
Lunch: Macaroni and cheese
Dinner: Clam Chowder, Crusty bread

*Tried and true
* New to me


.

No comments: