Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Greek Yogurt

.
We are still very much on the comfort food diet around here and while this post is not a recipe, it certainly is comfort food. I recently discovered Greek yogurt. After a conversation with my sister-in-law about where to find it in my grocery store, I picked some up this past weekend (I found it in the organic section, even though it's technically not organic). Yesterday I ate it for lunch and thought I'd share my indulgence with you, even if it is only a picture. If you've never indulged, you should.

I bought the 2 percent variety -- my sister-in-law did not recommend (highly discouraged) the fat free. The 2 percent was very thick and creamy, and I probably won't vary for future purchases.

I sugared some strawberries yesterday morning in anticipation, and then at lunch time I spooned some yogurt in a bowl, topped it with strawberries and some of the juice, and a big handful of Brown Sugar Granola. I used real sugar in my strawberries because I'm trying to stop using sugar substitutes. You could use honey, but I figure a little sugar doesn't hurt. The result is really yummy -- the Greek yogurt is much thicker than regular, and while still tangy like regular, the texture difference makes it much more of a treat.

After I took the picture, I stirred it all up and ate it like a little kid eating a hot fudge sundae!

,

No comments: