Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekly Menu

.

This was a good food week in our house. The food was good, but it was also a "good" week because I only stopped at the grocery store for a few essentials. Which means, essentially that we got through the week on what we had in the pantry and refrigerator -- a good thing in my book. I've written before about how much waste we have in our country, and I strive to eat what's in the pantry before we purchase more. We enjoyed eating our turkey leftovers in this Turkey Tetrazzini, and I'll be using this recipe on any leftover chicken in the future. It was creamy and full of mushrooms -- yum. The only addition I made was to add a little garlic powder to the sauce.

And, in that same thread, we'll be eating a few freezer meals this week. When I froze some double meals I anticipated using them up when we had a busy day and couldn't get dinner prepared. But our lives have, thankfully, slowed down a bit and I will enjoy just heating up these meals while I get something else done. My budget plan for two of the other nights is to roast two chickens and use the meat for the Topopo Salad and the Chicken Philly Sandwiches. Then, I'll probably boil the bones for another meal next week.

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chili
Dinner: Pizza

Sunday
Lunch: Ham and Swiss Bread Pudding, yogurt and granola
Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs (from the freezer), garlic bread, salad

Monday -- Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Lunch: Lunchy Munchy Corn Dog Muffins, canned fruit
Dinner:
Beef Stew (from the freezer), biscuits, Butter Brickle Cake (I often turn to this cake for celebratory days although I don't know why. It has been our Habemus Papam cake -- when Pope Benedict XVI was chosen, as well as Our Blessed Mother's birthday cake, and a new baby celebration cake. I chose it for this feast day because it is a pure white cake -- perfect for the Immaculate Conception.)

Tuesday -- Feast of St. Juan Diego
Lunch: egg burritos
Dinner: Topopo Salad, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Mexican Cinnamon Cookies

Wednesday
Lunch: Wendy's chili
Dinner: Ham steak, Fried Potatoes, Cheese Muffins, fruit

Thursday
Lunch: Lunch Pizza
Dinner: Chicken Philly Sandwiches,
Potato Salad (I'll choose which one later)

Friday -- Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Lunch: Pancakes
Dinner: Ravioli in Balsamic Browned Butter, salad, Flan

* Tried and true
* New to me .

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You will love the cheese muffins you are having on Wednesday. I used the same recipe from Pioneer Woman and the whole family loved them.