Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekly Menu

Well, the first week in November has caught me in quite a slump, cooking and otherwise. If you read my other blog, you know that we've had a sad turn of medical events in our family, and my heart is not in much these days. But heavy heart or not, I still have to cook for my family, so I will trudge along.

I didn't prepare my Roast Chicken and Sweet Potato Souffle today (dad stepped in and ordered pizza), so that will be prepared Monday. I have loads of leftover Sweet and Sour Meatballs from "the bridal shower than never happened," so we'll eat those this week too. I'll use the leftovers from the roast chicken for Pot Pies, so that takes care of a few meals. I'll take Baked Ziti to a family from church on Thursday, and the rest is pretty ho-hum cooking.

Monday
Lunch: Cinnamon bagels and cream cheese
(packers: buy)
Dinner: Roast Chicken, Sweet Potato Souffle, Cinnamon apples, rolls


Tuesday
Lunch: Salami and cream cheese rolls, veggies and ranch
(Packers: salami sandwiches,
cheez-its, raw veggies)
Dinner: Sweet and Sour Meatballs and rice, stir-fried vegetables, Coffee Gelato and Butterscotch Sauce

Wednesday

Lunch: Scrambled eggs and toast
(Packers: salami sandwiches, chips, candy bar)
Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie, fruit salad

Thursday
Lunch: Grilled ham sandwiches
(Packers: Ham and Swiss sandwiches, veggies, cookies)
Dinner: Baked Ziti, salad, bread, Sour Cream Chocolate cupcakes

Friday
Lunch: Tomato soup and cheese quesdadillas
(Packers: PB&J, chips, fruit)
Dinner: Eggs and Baked Grits, fruit, Slice and Bake Cookies

Saturday - Feast of St. Leo
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Pizza, Orange Buttercream Squares


* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: