Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Brandy Slushy





I made a batch of these yummy adult beverages at Christmas time, and I am thinking they would be a fun drink for the big football weekend coming up. I am not a fan of pro football (I enjoy college football) but my husband and sons will be watching and they have already created the menu (how kind of them). I will be happy to hang out alone or with my mom in the living room, away from the television, and knit quietly. Maybe sipping on a brandy slush. These are simple to put together, but you do need to allow time for them to freeze, so start at least one day in advance. They are not very strong (in alcohol) so feel free to enjoy as many as you like. {wink}



Brandy Slushes

4 cups water, boiling
1 cup sugar
4 tea bags (I prefer black, but really pick what you like. I would avoid any complex blends.)
2 cups brandy (I use apricot or blackberry)
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (I use low acid)
1 bottle (2 liter) lemon-lime soda, like Sierra Mist or 7-up, chilled

Place tea bags in a large bowl and pour bowling water over them. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar until dissolved. Add brandy, and concentrates. Stir until all combined. Place in freezer containers and place in freezer for at least 24 hours.

When ready to serve, scoop out slush with an ice cream scoop or heavy duty spoon. Place in glass, filling about halfway. Fill the rest of the way with cold soda. Enjoy with a spoon or a straw.



My Superbowl Menu (as set by the menfolk)





3 comments:

Linda said...

OK, that does it! I'm coming over next weekend! Right after my grandson's trombone solo during his middle school Jazz Concert! :)

Barbara said...

What took you so long? :-)

Lori N from MN said...

These are so good... I've been making them for about 30 years. A tried and true recipe!