Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve usually finds most of my extended family at my house, and this year will be no exception. A variety of aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters-in-law, cousins, nephews and nieces, parents from both sides, all of my children, and probably a few friends will gather to ring in the New Year. Usually we have a huge spread of appetizers and desserts, but by about 10 p.m. we're all yawning and staring at each other over a spread of leftover snacks. This year I have decided instead of offer a meal, followed by some choice munchies to go with the adult (and kiddie) beverages.

A beef tenderloin is an expensive piece of meat, but one of my husband's favorites. It can be stretched for quite a few people if you serve it with soft buns, with horseradish cream on the side, for sandwiches. I think I'll serve some au gratin potatoes and a huge green salad. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by for a bite!


Antipasto Platter
Beef Tenderloin prepared on the grill
Au Gratin Potatoes
Assorted Christmas Cookies and Candies
Assorted Beer
Assorted Soda

No comments: