Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Day

.

I'm not a "good luck food on New Year's Day" kinda girl. Though I have prepared Hoppin' John or pork and kraut on this holiday just for fun, I certainly don't believe it brings us luck. That said, my family has come to think of pork on New Year's Day as normal and when we learned this year that our extended families would all be packing up early on New Year's Day to head home, and it would just be us, my husband asked for BBQ ribs on the grill. Because this dish is hard to make for a crowd (there is only so many ribs that fit on the grill), I said o.k. The weather is supposed to warm up in Ohio for the weekend, so it shouldn't be too bad to stand out by the grill and babysit the ribs.

Dessert is yet to be decided. Frankly, I'm kind of all "desserted" out, if you know what I mean.



BBQ Ribs (this recipe)
Braised Cabbage with Spicy Croutons




1 comment:

Heather Ortega said...

That sounds like a wonderful menu! I am still unsure what we will be having, probably cabbage rolls since my husband will not eat Hoppin John. He hates black eyed peas.