Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

.

I apologize for my absence here these past few weeks. The Christmas preparation and having all the children home really took it out of me, and then three days before Christmas I hurt my lower back. I was able to serve Christmas Eve dinner to my extended family and Christmas Day dinner to my family and Doug's parents, but it was no easy task. So, again, my apologies for abandoning you in your time of food need! ;-) I didn't even post one Christmas cookie recipe. I don't normally make New Year resolutions, but I do promise to be a better food blogger after the  New Year!

I did get a couple pictures of the table on Christmas Eve Day -- waiting for Our Savior to come...waiting to put the baby Jesus in each nativity. I love this sweet little porcelain set that goes on the dining room table each year.




Merry Christmas to you, and yours.


.

4 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

OUCH--hope you are feeling better soon! Merry Christmas to you and your family and may you be blessed with good health and happiness in the coming year.

Sara said...

What an awful time to hurt your back! Although, I don't suppose there is ever a good time---even when you are on vacation wouldn't be a good time!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, poor Barbara!!!
You are apologizing? You are well on your way to sainthood!

I hope you are feeling better soon, I'll be praying for you!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Oh Sweetie, I'm sorry to hear it! Prayers for a swift recovery...and that you are given the grace to SLOW DOWN so that you *can* recover. :)

(You may be sore but I'm still going to tease you.)

(Sorry, but you're stuck with me.)