Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's Summer...





...there goes the grocery budget.

Kids are home (one more than usual) plus they are a little bored. That equals eating and a big grocery bill. Today was my first official grocery shop of the summer and I'm ready to ship them off to work camps.

I noticed, however, when I shopped at Giant Eagle (I buy my meat from Giant Eagle and every thing else from my local discount grocer) that I have an almost 20 % discount waiting on me. If you're not familiar with Giant Eagle (in Ohio, PA, and WVa), my food purchases give me a discount on gasoline, and my gasoline purchases give me a discount on groceries. So I have almost 20 % off my food bill coming and I think I'm going to plan ahead for a month and buy all the meat I need. That should help a little bit, especially if I buy only sale meat.

I also stocked up on some veggies, cut them up and put them in a container in the fridge. They eat Ranch dip with the veggies, but at least they are not dipping chips. You could do the same thing with fruit and some yummy fruit dip. I'll probably alternate fruit and veggies.



.

No comments: