Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekly Menu

.

Well, just when I gave up on the farmer, we got a butt-load of produce. I really decided I wouldn't plan to get anything and we got more than we could really eat. A huge head of Napa Cabbage (probably 20 inches around huge), a huge head of leaf lettuce, a small head of Romaine and more green onions. I made a yummy Warm Chicken Salad with much of the Napa, but still have a hefty bit of lettuce left. I'm leaving some gaps in my menu this week to allow for whatever they bring. I was taken by surprise by the Napa Cabbage, and luckily had some chicken on-hand to make the salad with. I am hoping that this week we'll get some different veggies -- maybe some spinach or squash.

Saturday

Lunch: Burgers
Dinner: My mom is cooking!

Sunday
Lunch: Sierra Turkey Sandwiches, chips
Dinner: Pork Tenderloin with Korean Barbecue Wet Rub, BLT salad (No C), bread, green beans

Monday
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: Walking Tacos, fresh fruit

Tuesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Grilled Italian Sausage sandwiches, Tortellini Pepperonici Salad

Wednesday -- Feast of Blessed Junipero Serra
Lunch: Turkey and Cheese Panini, fruit
Dinner: Teriyaki Burgers, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Scallions, fruit
Cinnamon Ice Cream (traditional Spanish dessert)

Thursday
Lunch: Nachos
Dinner: Chili Dogs, oven fries, fruit

Friday -- Feast of St. Thomas
St. Thomas fingers -- maybe for breakfast
Lunch: Grilled Cheese

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: