Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
This week I'm just going to shoot for getting something hot to the table around dinner. Nothing new, nothing gourmet; just hot food. Doug will be home most of the week for lunch, but I'm not even going to try to schedule that. He's the worst at eating what's planned and there's no sense in buying food that won't be eaten. We'll just wing it. And dinners are almost as bad -- some of us will be home on some nights, and on one night we'll all be at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Christmas Eve with my family is at our house. We usually eat Italian, only because everyone likes it. But I'm not feeling in the mood this year. I may compromise with Chicken Parmesan, but I haven't decided for certain yet. I'll let you know.

And the turkey that I bought for Christmas day is likely going to stay in the freezer until another time. It's a 18-pounder and we're not going to have a crowd this year. I'm thinking about prime rib. I'll post the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu when I'm certain.

I hope your Christmas meal plans are coming along beautifully.


.

No comments: