Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Cookies, cookies, cookies

.

Nibble, nibble, nibble.

Baking is in full swing and I have an update.

I didn't get a picture before they went straight to the freezer (o.k. we nibbled a little), but the Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry cookies, mentioned in my cookie post below, were
yum! It's this recipe, and instead of chocolate chunks and pecans, I used one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, one cup of white chocolate chips, and 6 ounces of dried cherries. Definitely delish!





And these are not much to look at, but they are very tasty, and I'm not usually into mint and chocolate together. I used this recipe (substituting 1/2 c. shortening and 1/2 c. butter for the 1 cup margarine) and added 2 cups chopped Hershey's mint miniature candy bars. The Hershey's minis come in a mixed bag of milk chocolate/mint, special dark/mint, and white/mint with red and green sprinkles. I added a chopped mix, so all three types of chocolate are in there.



.

No comments: