Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekly Menu


.
This coming week is like the Super Bowl of cooking. No other holiday focuses so much on the food as Thanksgiving, and I'm gearing up for it. Tomorrow I'll do my shopping, and hopefully I'll get it all the first time ( that almost never happens though, does it?). We'll have lots of family in town for the weekend following Thanksgiving, too, and many mouths to feed. But it will be all good, because these are the people we love. And I always say the more the merrier.



Saturday

Lunch: Mushroom and Swiss Cheeseburgers on the grill, chips
Dinner: Deep dish pepperoni and maybe mushrooms/red onion pizza

The deep dish pepperoni pizza last week was a huge hit. When I get a chance, I'll jot down the recipe and get some pictures.

Sunday
Brunch: Overnight French Toast
, Canadian Bacon
Dinner:
Annie's Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes — no rutabagas or parsnips, Cranberry Waldorf, Bread Pudding

It sounds crazy having cranberries just a few days before Thanksgiving, but I'm so hungry for cold salad. I can't have a green leafy salad, because I'm on Coumadin, but this fruit salad sounded good, cold and crunchy.

Monday
Lunch: Leftover pizza
Dinner: Black Bean Burrito Bake,
cabbage salad with lime dressing

This Black Bean Burrito is a new recipe for me, but it sounded good (and easy) for the beginning of a big cooking week.

Tuesday
Lunch: Grab a bite out between doctor's appointments.
Dinner: Hot Roast beef (leftover) sandwiches, oven fries, buttered corn

Wednesday
Lunch: Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches
Dinner:
Spicy Shredded Pork Tacos, Nachos and Cheese

I'll try to remember to post the recipe for the Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches. They're simple to prepare and simple tasting, so kids love them. The recipe came from
Everyday Food, but it's not on their website, or I'd link.

Thursday -- Thanksgiving
Lunch: what lunch? I'll throw them some bread crusts.
Dinner: see my menu here

Friday
Lunch: What else? Turkey sandwiches
Dinner: Wedding Soup and Homemade Pizza

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: