Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekly Menu

.

My weekly menu went by the wayside last week, since we were planning a busy weekend that included eating most of our meals out. Unfortunately, I had a bit of medical emergency (you can read about it here if you are so inclined; don't blame you if you pass), and now I'm desperate for meals. Too bad I never froze any meals ahead -- I
really need to do that. I prepared one of my favorites, Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, yesterday. If this recipe is not in your cookbook, I highly recommend it, it's the ultimate in comfort food. It sure tasted good yesterday, and it's very budget-friendly.

We have a birthday on Sunday, so birthday boy's pick is on the menu, I'm planning some soups and simple crock pot meals for next week. I love this time of year for cooking.

Sunday
Brunch: Cinnamon Bun Bread and scrambled eggs
Dinner: Baked Steak in Tangy Tomato Sauce, mashed potatoes, buttered corn, homemade applesauce, Pumpkin Pie

Monday
Lunch: sandwiches, chips
Dinner: Quick Fall Minestrone, Hearth Bread

Tuesday
Lunch: Wendy's Chili
Dinner: Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches (make double to freeze), cole slaw, oven fries

Wednesday
Lunch: nachos
Dinner: Beef Stew -- Crock Pot (make double to freeze), Beer Bread, applesauce

Thursday
Lunch: soup
Dinner: Chicken tacos, using this recipe and some frozen cooked chicken I have, corn salsa

Friday
Lunch: Bean and tuna salad
Dinner: Our traditional dinner for Trick-or-Treat is chili with Fritos

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: