Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekly Menu


.

This week went well with my new "keep it simple" plan. I think that too often I try to do too much in one meal. Homemade bread, complicated meat dish, multiple sides, dessert. Every night ends up being a big Sunday dinner style meal. I need to limit my menu items, at least on weekdays, to simple foods, except for maybe one new, or more complicated dish. With our homeschool starting this week, it will be important to "keep it simple" for dinner in order to keep my sanity.

From last week:
The country ribs were wonderful. I told Doug that he once said he didn't like country ribs. He apologized, and then ate another. I bought them at Giant Eagle for $1.99 (on sale) a pound. They were thick and meaty, and really good. I have a couple left in the fridge that will likely be a late night snack for some teenager tonight. Modifications to the recipe -- I did not slice the lemon -- I just squeezed the juice all over the ribs. And I used garlic powder instead of fresh. I put all the ribs (about 16) in my roasting pan, covered them with foil and roasted them for two hours at 250 degrees. Then I poured off the grease, sauced them and cooked them for another 90 minutes or so. It's such a low temp that they won't suffer if you need to delay dinner.

I also stuck a Pancake and Sausage night in last week, so the leftover Pot Roast (which I made yesterday) will be used Sunday for Hot Roast Beef sandwiches.

Peach asked for a "Basghetti" dinner, so that's another simple meal.

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chilitos
Dinner: Pizza -- hmmm which kind this week? Maybe a Basil and Fresh Tomato pizza and a Smoked Mozzarella and Provolone on the grill?
Caramel Popcorn

Sunday
Brunch: I think brunch out today
Dinner: Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches, Carrot and Squash Bake,
Cucumber Tomato Salad, Root Beer Floats

Monday
Lunch: First of school special lunch out
Dinner: Pork Chops with Hoisin Molasses Barbecue sauce
, baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob

Tuesday
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner: Spaghetti and Sauce, garlic bread, salad,
Creamy Lemon Squares

Wednesday
Lunch: sandwiches
Dinner: BLT and C Salad, muffins, fresh fruit

Thursday
Lunch: Quesadillas
Dinner: Shepherd Pie
, sliced apples, Pudding Pops

Friday
Lunch: Birds Nests
Dinner: Salmon Salad Sandwiches
, crudités, chips


* Tried and True
* New to me

.

No comments: