Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Hoisin Molasses Barbecue Sauce

.

What a difference a day makes. Last night's dinner was so simple that if it weren't for the cake I baked and iced tea I brewed, I would not have had a dish to hand wash. I kept thinking I was forgetting something because there was nothing to do in the kitchen while the meat was grilling. I need to spread that simplicity around a little so I avoid afternoons like Wednesday's.

The sauce that I put on the pork chops was compliments of Barb at Mom's Fridge. The scent from the grill that blew in my kitchen window was really wonderful and the kids and Doug raved about the chops. Last week, I purchased a large pork loin at Giant Eagle for $1.77 a pound -- I cut it into a large roast (Monday's dinner), eight boneless chops, and I still have two large pieces left for stir-fry. I think I averaged about $2.60 a meal with that cut of meat. The chops were moist and juicy and this sauce will definitely be served again. I think you could use it to sweeten up a stir fry, too.

Hoisin Molasses Barbecue Sauce

3 T. sugar
1 T. molasses
3 T. hoisin sauce
1 T. rice vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
1 T. soy sauce
2 t. minced garlic
2 t. mustard

Mix well and use on roasted or grilled meats.

Source: Cooking Light March 2008

.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'm glad you liked it! It got rave reviews here too, on a pork roast. You're right, it would be nice in a stir fry! I'll have to see when I can work that in.