Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Party Time

.

It doesn't take me long to come around -- yesterday I was lamenting the weekend that wasn't to be. Today I'm planning cocktails. Right now the weather forecast doesn't look so great for the Fourth, but we'll have a good time anyway. Both of these recipes are untried (by me) but it doesn't look like you can go too far wrong.

For the kids I'll make Cherry Limeade. I've never been to a Sonic, but I've heard they are to die for. This recipe earned 4 and a half stars by 38 reviewers are allrecipes.com. A few folks said it was very tart, but that can easily be fixed with more soda:


photo found on allrecipes

Cherry Limeade

2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and juice reserved
(I've heard you can use Juicy Juice Cherry flavor too)
1 lime

Pour both cans of concentrated limeade into a large pitcher.
Mix in lemon-lime soda.
Stir in reserved cherry juice.
Squeeze juice from lime into mixture, then slice and set aside.
Stir well and serve over ice.
Garnish with cherries and lime slices.



And for the adults, I'm going to make Frozen Pina Coladas. This recipe is from the Food Network:

Frozen Pina Coladas
2 drinks

1 1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup diced pineapple, frozen
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces Coco Lopez coconut cream
1 1/2 ounces white rum
1 ounce dark rum
Pineapple slices

Put the ice, frozen pineapple, juice, coconut cream, and the white and dark rums into a blender. Blend until smooth and frosty.
Pour the drink into 2 glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.



Are you thirsty now, too?


.

2 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

I hardly ever drink soda, but when I do, Cherry Limeades are my FAVORITE!! Thanks for the recipe!

ShellyH said...

Great blog Barbara. I found your blog via the foodie blog roll. Your profile is similar to mine. I am a Catholic wife and I have been married for 22+ years to a wonderful man.