Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, June 30, 2008

More Freezer Business

.
I know, I know. It's getting old. But, if you ever need a freezer full of food, you'll thank me.

This past weekend, I put away:

Italian Roast Beef for sandwiches to be served with baked potatoes and salad (a recipe similar to this but I added onions, but no cheese)

Continental Beef to be served with buttered noodles and a vegetable

Hearty Beef Stew to be served with French Bread

Three batches of Spaghetti sauce

Several dozen buttermilk biscuits

Two Coffee Cakes

Blanched Carrots

French bread

The first three menu items I prepped and froze to cook later in the Crock Pot. I highly recommend this method. While I haven't, of course, tasted the food yet, the method seems pretty foolproof. It took much less time to assemble, than if I had fully cooked all that food. And it will, of course, take very little effort to thaw the food overnight in the refrigerator, then dump it in the Crock Pot. Doug said he can manage that much. I managed to get about three meals prepped and in the freezer in about an hour. I don't usually work ahead for meals that way because I'm home everyday to make dinner. But if I ever have a need, or if you are a working mom, it's really a great method. It all looked and smelled delicious and I can imagine that after freezing the meats in the sauces, and then cooking them in the Crock Pot, they will be delicious.

,

No comments: