Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Food Meme

.

I've seen this one around, and Esther tagged me for it.

1. What food does your best friend not like?
I don't usually say that my husband is my best friend, but for this purpose I will. To my knowledge, the only thing he does not like is Brussel sprouts, but I have been able to get him to eat fresh roasted sprouts with bacon sprinkles. I frequently have to tell him to eat all his veggies, though.

2. What is your favorite cookbook?
I'd have to say The Joy of Cooking (I currently have the 1985 edition and the 1997 edition) if I had to pick just one. But, my real favorite is my own binder stuffed with my own favorite recipes.

3. Are you more of a sushi person or a lamb person?
Lamb, but I'm not a big fan, unless it's roasted with garlic. I don't eat sushi at all, though.

4. Given a choice of something fried and salty or something baked and sweet, what would you choose?
Both -- at the same time. Isn't that why we put salty nuts on top of a hot fudge sundae?

5. Do you buy whole chickens and boil them and pick the meat off or does that gross you out?
I often buy whole chickens and either cut it apart when it's raw, or boil it until the meat is tender and falling off the bones.

6. How do you feel about butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and half and half?
Yum. But, my heart doesn't need too much. Everything in moderation.

7. (Skip this question if you are a vegetarian) If you are a carnivore, would you be willing to hunt or butcher your meat? Or to watch someone do that for you or would you rather not think of it? Or are you grateful for the animal who gave its life to sustain your life?
I love my butcher -- what a noble profession (and I'm really not kidding -- Doug's grandpa was a butcher). I could be a vegetarian though, if my family weren't such big meat eaters.

8. What is the most exotic ingredient or spice in your cupboard?
Hmmmm. Nothing too exotic -- but, I grind my own nutmeg, which makes it better than jarred. I have a few jars of Penzeys spices which are much better than grocery store spices.

9. What is your favorite vegetable?
Sugar snap peas

10. What is your favorite fruit?
Fresh, juicy nectarines

.

No comments: