Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Weekly Menu

.

This week I'm going to try to keep things fairly simple, even though I am trying several new recipes. Hopefully I have planned better than I did last week -- I don't think any one of these dishes is very complicated, and I think I've paired any labor-intensive dishes (like Wednesday's tart) with something fairly simple.

Wednesday is the Feast of St. George. I personally don't have any English dishes in my repertoire (at least not that I know are English), but the tart recipe I found online looks pretty yummy.

Saturday

Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Pizza, pepperoni and Three Cheese Bianca

Sunday
Breakfast: Mini Bacon and Potato Frittata, Cinnamon Bun Bread
Dinner: Cookout at grandma and grandpa's; we're bringing Sweet Potato Pie and Cherry Pie

Monday
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner: Pulled Pork Tacos, guacamole, Mexican rice

Tuesday
Lunch: chicken noodle soup
Dinner: Black Bean Soup with Cumin, corn bread

Wednesday -- Feast of St. George
Lunch: Grilled ham sandwiches
Dinner: Cheddar Burgers and Crispy Oven Fries, Cucumber Tomato Salad, and Bakewell Tart

Thursday
Lunch: quesadillas
Dinner: Pork Chop Suey, Baked Rice Pudding

Friday
Lunch: Macaroni and cheese and Roasted Tomatoes
Dinner: Cheese Ravioli with Balsamic Browned Butter, bread, Spinach Pear Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: