Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Cranberry Orange Bread




This week I grabbed a few bags of cranberries from the market -- I've heard stories that they will be in short supply this year and I want to make sure I get my fill. Cranberry Orange bread is one of those recipes I love to have this time of year. In fact, I'll likely make it at least twice more before Christmas. Yesterday I made some for Doug to take to work.

The teachers that Doug works with love when I bake. Actually, I don't think it's just me (I'm not delusional), they would eat just about anything. But, they are very appreciative when I send food in, so I do. If you tell me that you like something I make, in fact, if you even hint that you like something I make, I will cook it for you as much as you like. I love for people to enjoy my food. Last week, I sent in some Carrot Cake with Doug and one little ol' calculus teacher (who was helpfully shoveling snow while the cake was being scarfed down by everyone else) didn't get a piece. He was mildly annoyed, so, today he got his own personal loaf of Cranberry Orange bread. Enjoy Andy!

I have tried several recipes for Cranberry Orange Bread, but yesterday I made this recipe. It is amazingly low in fat, and still very moist and yummy. I will use it again. I omitted the nuts for allergy reasons and I chopped the cranberries because I think a whole cranberry is way too tart to bite into, but other than that I made the recipe as is. Mmmmm.

.

No comments: