Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekly Menu


This is KISS week -- and we will keep it (meals) simple. I have a million things to do (well, maybe just a slight exaggeration). But with jammies and tote bags to sew for Christmas, gifts to finish knitting and all the regular stuff thrown in, I feel like I could not sleep and still not get done. I do this every year -- wait too long because I think I can still get it done.

So, I have several meals in the freezer that are coming out, and everything else will just be easy. I had a few misfires last week and decided to not try any new recipes for a while. The kids would rather eat simply and I'd rather not cook big meals for just Doug and I.

Sunday
Brunch: Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs
Dinner: Chicken Cilantro Enchiladas, cabbage and sour cream, beans and rice

Monday
Lunch: Leftover pizza
Dinner: Chili with spaghetti and cheddar cheese, corn pancakes

Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner: Cajun Bourbon Chicken Bites, white rice, carrots

Wednesday
Lunch: Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches
Dinner: Spaghetti and sauce, garlic bread, salad

Thursday
Lunch: Breakfast Burritos
Dinner: Red Beans and rice for mom and dad, kids get grilled cheese and tomato soup

Friday
Lunch: Baked potatoes
Dinner: Salmon Patties, Macaroni and Cheese, peas

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Pizza

* Tried and true
* New to me



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man; I hope my pasta wasn't one of the misfires. :(

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Now that's one I haven't made in a while--the Cajun chicken. I have to buy some bourbon to make the Christmas cookies ANYWAY, so maybe I'll plan for that one soon. After I get to the liquor store.

Barbara said...

Well, Annie, I have to say it was (a misfire) -- but only with the kids. Doug and I loved it. But, like I said, I'm too busy this week to cook meals for just Doug and I. I'll try it again after the holiday. I think my kids are too spoiled by what they like -- it wasn't MY sauce, so they didn't like it.

Anonymous said...

I think most kids like "normal" pasta better. At this point, if Sam doesn't like something he eats cereal or a PB & J and we have enough for lunch the next day, so its no big deal, but if the parent:kid ratio was like it is at your house I'd be really annoyed if the kids disliked something and wasted it. I'm glad you liked it, though. Here's to Holiday Overdrive Week I!!!!! (You'll notice we're not eating gourmet around here, either).

Unknown said...

I will be making the chicken cilantro enchiladas. They sound delicious!