Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Weekly Menu -- July 9 through July 15


This week we're having some more family visits centered around meals. My family tends to gather with food, like so many others, so I will be cooking a few meals this week for a crowd. My BBQ beef on Tuesday is a great dish for a crowd, and is very budget friendly. It's nothing fancy, but is very popular. It's my grandmother's recipe, so it's tried and true -- I'll post the recipe.

Also on Tuesday -- my Blueberry Crisp is a really easy "cheater" recipe. It uses canned pie filling and Bisquick -- two ingredients I normally shy away from, preferring made-from-scratch. But this fruit crisp recipe is good enough that I'll take the shortcut. I'll post the recipe.

There are also several feast days this week that we'll be incorporating into our menu. I've included the links for the recipes.

Monday
Lunch: leftover brats and hot dogs
Dinner: Creamy Penne pasta, burgers, fresh fruit

Tuesday
Lunch: grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
Dinner: BBQ, Cole slaw, Mustard potato salad, Blueberry Crisp and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday
Feast of St. Benedict
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Eggs Benedict, Carrot Raisin Bread, fresh fruit

Thursday
Lunch: egg sandwiches

Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie, salad

Friday Feast of St. Henry
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwiches
Dinner: Gnocchi and sauce, bread, salad, Apple Bavarian Torte

Saturday Feast of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha
Lunch: Skyline chilitos
Dinner: Grilled Chopped Sirloin, Saturday Night Vidalia Onion, baked potatoes, Corn Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Sunday
Lunch: Waffles, sausage
Dinner: Garlic slow-cook chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, Carrot Cake

If you see another recipe you'd like, just leave a comment.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb,

Your garlic slow-cook chicken sounds intriguing. I'm a huge garlic fan - could you post this recipe please? Thanks.