Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, February 25, 2013

menu...February week 4

I am hopeful that soon I'll be back with a real recipe. I've been baking all of our bread for weeks now and I have a few recipes to share -- I'm especially excited about the sourdough recipes I've been using.

I also have a new "cookbook" on the counter and hope to try some recipes soon -- it's Home Dairy -- and since several of us are Vitamin D deficient I am hopeful that I can boost our intake with some good dairy, since the sun is not really helping us out.

Monday
Leftover veggie soup and sourdough bread
(This is a great trick for using leftover veggies -- I add any leftover dinner veggies to a bag in the freezer, and any good broth from cooking meat or veggies -- like today I used tomato base and cabbage from cabbage rolls -- put it all in the slow cooker and use an immersion blender at dinner time. Yum.)

Tuesday -- Happy Birthday Joshua!
Surf and turf -- grilled steak and barbecued shrimp, twice baked potatoes, green salad, Chocolate Cheesecake

Wednesday
Beef burrito bowls (leftover shredded beef in the freezer), shredded cabbage, corn, rice, salsa

Thursday
BBQ chicken comfort food, mashed potatoes, pan-fried green beans

Friday
cheese pizza

No comments: