Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

an excuse to eat yummies for dinner




There is not much I like less than professional sports (with the exception of baseball -- go Reds!), except maybe the hype that comes with, but I share my hearth and home with three big men-boys and a man-husband, so today is a big day.

I will find a quiet corner to knit or sew and watch Tess of the Durbervilles, or an old musical with my sweet girl, Faith, but only after I prepare a table full of tasty yummies for the guys to enjoy while they watch football commercials.

Just in case you are still looking for a yummy recipe or two, I am sharing what my guys will be enjoying this evening:




Muffaletto 
(I don't usually use a recipe, but mine is similar to Lidia's using olive salad number 2)

Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake and vanilla ice cream


3 comments:

Elisa said...

Yum, it all sounds so good. I would pin all of it, but I haven't figured out how to pin something on my smart phone.

Elisa said...

Nevermind, I totally figured out how to pin from my phone! It's a bit of a pain but it can be done. =)

parenting articles said...

i wanna make the bacon jalapeno cheeseballs.:D