Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Menus



This week has been an incredibly different week for me. If you read my other blog you know my oldest son (Geoff, 22) had his tonsils out on Monday. So instead of baking cookies and wrapping gifts, like I would in a normal week before Christmas, I've been making jello, cream of wheat, and chicken noodle soup, and handing out the pain meds. It doesn't feel like Christmas, but it doesn't help that it feels like a spring day out. No white Christmas here.

I'm trying to get myself in the mood, and today I made my list of dishes I'll cook on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and put together my grocery list. My extended family comes to my house on Christmas Eve, and we will attend 10 p.m. Mass, but Christmas day will be low-key with just my own family and Doug's parents over during the afternoon. We ordered a smoked turkey from Honey Baked Ham for Christmas Day, and I'll just make a few side dishes. We'll munch on apps during the afternoon instead of a lunch-time meal.


Christmas Eve Dinner
Cheese Manicotti (much like this recipe but with store-bought shells)
Salad
Bread
Christmas cookies


~~~~~

Christmas Day

Sausages



BBQ Smokies
Braunschweiger Spread & crackers (this is the same recipe I use)
Shrimp Cocktail



Smoked Turkey
Au Gratin Potatoes
Asparagus
Dinner rolls


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your son's tonsillectomy. Hope he's feeling better and may you all have a Merry Christmas!

A dedicated fan