Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekly Menu

I seem to be running either hot or cold in the cooking department lately, which is why I am so glad I made a month of menus again. On those days when I just can't imagine coming up with an idea for dinner, I know I have everything all planned out and there is no thinking involved. I am trying some new recipes this week and in the weeks to come in August, so hopefully they will spark some creativity in the kitchen. Once school starts back I probably will be relying on my same-old-same-old easy recipes while we get in the swing of things.


Saturday
Lunch: Brats on the grill, chips

Sunday
Lunch: Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Sandwiches
Dinner:
Best Backyard BBQ Ribs, Roasted Corn, Southern Green Beans, bread, S'more Bars

Monday
Lunch: Tomato, Bacon and Grilled Cheese sandwiches, fruit kabobs
Dinner: Cheesy Grits and eggs, Canadian Bacon

Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken Strips and carrot sticks
Dinner:
Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers, potato salad, watermelon slices

Wednesday
-- Feast of St. John Vianney
Lunch: Pizza Bread, salad
Dinner:
Warm Chicken Cabbage Salad, bread, Creme Brulee

Thursday
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwiches

Dinner: Grilled Ham Steak, Tropical Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes, Colonial Brown Bread

Friday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Spicy Citrus Tuna Salad, bread, fresh fruit

* Tried and true
* New to me

No comments: