Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Spicy Citrus Tuna Salad

.

I'm always looking for something new to do with canned tuna. Feeding my family meatless at least once a week, the standbys tend to get old quickly. And since canned fish packs a powerful punch nutritionally, I frequently try to get it on the menu. That's why when I saw this recipe at myrecipes.com, I put it on my list of dishes to try. I altered it for my family, but the end result was one I'll use over and over. It was especially good for a warm early summer supper, and we enjoyed it on the deck, which made it even yummier. I sliced an avocado and put a few pieces on each servings, and heated a loaf of grocery store French bread in the oven for just a few minutes. The whole dinner came together in about 10 minutes. Can't beat that with a breadstick. It was yummy leftover, also, with some Stacy's Simply Naked pita chips.

This was a very inexpensive dish, and you could stretch it even farther with a can of rinsed and drained white beans.





Spicy Citrus Tuna Salad
serves four

2 cans (6 oz.) solid white tuna packed in water
2 Roma tomatoes, rinsed, seeded, and chopped
2 T. chopped fresh Italian parsley
juice of one fresh lime
1/3 cup minced red onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 T. extra virgin olive oil

Drain tuna well;
flake into a bowl with a fork.
Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, onion, chilies, and salt.
Drizzle with olive oil.

.


Link

No comments: