Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Buttercream Frosting


.


A friend of mine once gave me a Yankee Trader candle called "Buttercream Frosting." I finally had to get rid of it because every time I lit it, I wanted cake. Cake and frosting is one of my favorite treats and the Buttercream Frosting on this year's Easter cake was really yummy, so I wanted to write it down for safe keeping.

The recipe for the cake can be found here -- it's my grandma's Hot Milk Cake.



Buttercream Frosting

Printer version

1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened, but still cool
4 cups powdered sugar
4 -5 T. milk
1 t. vanilla extract

Beat butter until creamy.
Very slowly, add powdered sugar until all has been incorporated. Mixture will be very dry.
Slowly drizzle in 4 tablespoons of milk. Whip for a minute or two and if frosting still looks too thick, add more milk. Add vanilla and whip until frosting is very light and airy -- it make take several minutes.

Frost cake immediately.
If it is warm out, refrigerate the cake to keep the frosting from getting soft.


.

No comments: