Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekly Menu

.

I made it through the week without going to the store -- hurray for me! I'm sort of tired of thinking about food, which probably has more to do with my health than food, but I'm letting the kids make lots of decisions about food this week. Because of my health issues, I have had to be careful about what I've been eating these past few weeks. I see a urologist next week, but according to my GP, it's likely I'm dealing with interstitial cystitis, and will probably have to be careful about what I eat for the rest of my life. I am probably suppressing my feelings about the whole thing, but I refuse to sit and be sad that I may never be able to drink coffee, eat chocolate, enjoy a soda, have pizza (among lots of other things) without experiencing some pain. I think if I spend much time thinking about it, I'll end up turning into a big, sorry mess! In the meantime, I'll be making lots of meals that I can modify for myself, and embracing the foods that I can still enjoy. (If you, by some odd chance, are one of the other million people who have IC -- please speak up and tell me how you cope.)



Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chili for the gang
Dinner: Pulled Pork sandwiches, Baked potatoes, buttered corn

Sunday -- Feast of St. Nicholas
Lunch: Sausage Gravy and biscuits, eggs
Dinner: Yankee Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, steamed cabbage, Corn Bread,
Speculatius cookies

Monday
Lunch: roast beef sandwiches
Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Wraps, oven fries, fruit,

Tuesday -- Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Lunch: Baked potatoes
Dinner: Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Acorn Squash, Baby Greens with Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Butter Brickle Cake

Wednesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Zuppa Toscana, Brother's Bread, Flan

Thursday
Lunch: Scrambled egg sandwiches
Dinner: Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole, steamed broccoli, rolls

Friday
Dinner: Crispy Baked Cod, Potato Bundles, glazed carrots

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

3 comments:

cmarie said...

Sorry to hear this! I don't know anything about it but I sure would like to pray it away from you if I could.

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love this blog! I've been looking at your Dragon cake for St. George. Too cute!

Jamie Jo said...

We had the Chicken Cordon Blue casserole last night and it was a hit!!! Thanks for the recipe!