Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Menus


.

As we put the finishing touches on the Christmas tree last night, my high school boy reminded me that it was one week until Christmas Eve. Aaaaaaah! I've not started baking cookies yet and I've hardly given menus a thought. As I fell asleep last night (which took about 30 seconds after the lights went out), I tried to think about menus, but I was just too tired. This morning, I put some ideas together and I think I have a couple good menus -- we host Christmas Eve dinner for my family, and Doug's parents for Christmas Day dinner. They are very different menus, and I've kept ease of preparation in mind so I don't overdo it.

For Christmas Eve we usually have Italian. Everyone likes it, including all the kids, so it's easy to make sure everyone has something they like. My niece is vegetarian, and I have to avoid tomatoes, so I'm addinng a Roasted Vegetable Lasagna to a typical Italian line-up. The sauce for the lasagna is a creamy mushroom sauce and sounds really yummy. I don't normally try new recipes for company, but we'll have the ziti to fall back on if the lasagna isn't great -- but I think it will be good.

Christmas day will be filled with all sorts of yummy foods that the kids asked for. We like to have munchies during the afternoon because we'll have brunch when we return home from Mass. Dinner is beef, per my husband's request.




Christmas Eve
Link
Baked Ziti (this recipe sans sausage)
Link
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna

Italian Sausages, spic
y and mild, cooked in sauce

Bread (a variety from Panera)

CPK's White Balsamic Provencal Salad

Christmas Cookies





Christmas Day

Brunch

Country Grits and Sausage Casserole

Cheese Braids

Sweetened Strawberries


~~~~~

Munchies

Spicy Nuts

White Bean Dip and crudites

Hot Crab Dip
and crackers
Link
~~~~~

Dinner

Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Onions, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese Butter

Roasted Asparagus
(this recipe sans sesame seeds)

Rosemary Pan-Roasted Potatoes
(this recipe, skipping the chicken steps)

Bread (from Panera)

Tricolore Salad

Buche de Noel


.





No comments: