Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chippers

.

A few weeks ago on a Sunday evening just after dinner, my neighbor knocked on my door and handed me two plates of warm chocolate chip cookies. You gotta love a neighbor that brings warm cookies. She was thanking us for taking care of their home while they were out of town. That's quite a pay back for taking in the mail and mowing the grass, especially since I didn't do the work! They were, like I said, warm, and surprise, banana! They tasted exactly like banana bread in a cookie. They were awesome.

I asked for the recipe and I was again surprised to see that the banana flavor came from a box of instant pudding. The flavor was so real, I was truly shocked. I picked up a box of banana pudding the other day at the store and I'm going to make these this week. Sounds like breakfast to me!



Banana Chocolate Chippers

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 small box instant banana pudding
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With an electric mixer, mix butter, sugars, pudding, eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour, soda, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.


.

No comments: