Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh My Leftovers!

.

I just took inventory of what is in my refrigerator in little plastic containers from this week. I have two fried chicken legs, three barbecued country ribs, a quart of mustard potato salad, six turkey meatballs, one blue cheese burger, a cup of red sauce and a cup of Fontina cheese sauce, and some garlic Ciabatta. Sounds like leftover night doesn't it?

Nope. Not in my house. My troops, under the lead of their father, do not eat leftovers. There is only so much I can eat for lunch. And this happens every week. I put it in little plastic containers and at the end of the week I throw it away. Anyone want to stop by and pick up dinner?


.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I would love to! I actually really love leftovers. A lot. My husband is slowly coming around. I think leftovers make the best quick warm lunches during the week!

Barbara said...

Oh if there weren't a few hours between us! I do like leftovers for lunch, but I can't eat it all by myself!